WFOA & SAO have partnered together to offer a B.A.R.S. Cash Class!
After taking this class, the learner will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of the BARS Manual and why it is required
- Navigate and search the BARS Manual.
- Employ Fund Accounting, including identifying and evaluating Fund Types.
- Use the BARS Chart of Accounts and generate BARS code as prescribed, including
- Account Structure
- Revenue and Other Increases
- Expenditure and Other Decreases
- Fund Balance
- Determine validity of BARS Coding.
- Apply the Principles of Reporting.
Course materials are presented for all levels of governmental accounting expertise; from novice to experienced.
The BARS Cash Basis class is an interactive session that includes lecture, exercises, discussion and small group activities. Whether this is your first BARS class or the next in a long string of them, get ready for a new experience!
All class materials will be provided.
Prior to attending the BARS training, we recommend participants view the Introduction to the BARS Manuals, a free, 46 minute eLearning which is available on the SAO website in the Online Training Library.
Friday, February 22, 2019
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Historic Davenport Hotel
10 S. Post St
Spokane, Washington 98201